Landmark Home Warranty is excited to announce our partnership with FilterEasy! FilterEasy is the most convenient way to change your home’s HVAC filters. They deliver high quality air filters, made in the USA, to your home or business on a one-, two-, or three-month schedule. Elfie the Elephant, their mascot, will remind you when to change your air filters so you don't forget. Elephants never forget!
Why do I need to change my air filters?
The Environmental Protection Agency has reported that, on average, the air inside your home is five times more polluted than the air outside.
Clogged air filters are the most common cause of HVAC system failure. Landmark does not consider this to be damage from normal wear and tear, meaning Landmark will not cover any repairs if your HVAC fails due to a clogged filter. That is why Landmark is offering a free trial of FilterEasy for our customers!
The benefits of changing your filters on time are:
- Prevents expensive repairs.
- Lowers monthly energy bills because your HVAC system runs better. The US Department of Energy estimated that HVAC systems that have clean filters are 5-15% more efficient than systems with dirty filters.
- Removes toxins from your home.
The benefits of using FilterEasy
Every homeowner knows how important it is to change their HVAC filters, but going to the store and purchasing the ones that fit correctly takes time and can be expensive. It’s easy to forget! FilterEasy delivers the right sized filter for all your HVAC units as often as you need. Not to mention, you never pay for shipping!
As a Landmark Home Warranty customer, you can sign up and get a free month trial of Filter Easy today. Just click here:
Landmark encourages our homeowners to change their air filters at least every three months.
Do you have an abnormal sized air filter? No need to worry! FilterEasy can create custom sizes specific to your HVAC system. Don't know what size your air filter is? Learn how to choose a filter for your HVAC system with our blog! When you receive your FilterEasy filter, make sure that you are replacing it correctly. You can learn how to replace your HVAC filters here.
It is important to pick the filter that is specific to your needs. FilterEasy offers three types of filters: LiteAllergen, MicroAllergen, and SuperAllergen. You can pick what filter best fits your family’s needs!
Air filters are ranked on a MERV scale, a universal scale that measures the size of particles that can fit through a filter. Make sure to check your HVAC unit’s MERV rating to ensure that the filter that you order will comply with your HVAC unit’s ability. A higher MERV rating only allows smaller particles to pass through the air filter, which means that the higher the MERV rating, the better the filtration and the cleaner the air.
- LiteAllergen $11.97: MERV rating of 8. Efficient in filtering out dust, pollen, mold, dust mites, lint and bacteria.
- MicroAllergen $15.97: MERV rating of 10. Efficient in filtering out everything that LiteAllergen filters as well as pet dander.
- SuperAllegen $19.97: MERV rating of 13. Efficient in filtering out everything that LiteAllergen and MicroAllergen filters, as well as virus carriers, odors, and smoke.
There is a $3 charge for custom sizes. FilterEasy’s filters are the best because you never pay for shipping, and they are hassle free!